Ostomy Day for Ostomy Canada – Stoma Stroll Details
Canada Ostomy Day is coming up this weekend and October 7, 2017 (Saturday) is the Stoma Stroll for Canada. The 5th Annual Stoma Stroll Awareness Walk will take place in 11 cities across Canada. In Ontario walks will be happening in Ottawa, Hamilton, Kingston, and Barrie. In maritime provinces, Halifax, St. Johns, and Moncton. In Saskatchewan, Regina and Saskatoon will be having events.
The Ostomy Society of Canada has a goal of raising $25,000 for 2017 year with all proceeds going the society’s mission and programs, such as the Ostomy Canada Youth Camp, School Bursary Programs and more. See the full list of programs here.
Chapter members in larger communities such as Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary and Edmonton can still participate by donating here.
Official Stoma Stroll Locations Across Canada (October 7, 2017):
- St. John’s, NL – 10 am at Mundy Pond.
- Halifax, NS – 2:00 pm at Halifax Public Gardens.
- Moncton, NB – 1 pm at Lawtons Home Health, 40 Mapleton Road Moncton.
- Charlottetown Peer Support Group – 10 am at The Murphy Community Center.
- Ottawa Ostomy Support Group, 10:00 AM at Carleton Place, ON.
- Kingston, ON – 11:00 am at Lake Ontario Park, 920 King St. W, Kingston ON.
- Hamilton, ON – 10 am at the Burlington Beach Strip Trail and Boardwalk.
- Simcoe County – 10 am at Shoppers Home HealthCare, 524 Bayfield St, Barrie, ON.
- Regina, SK – 9:30 am at Community of Christ Church, 4710 – 8th Avenue, Regina.
- Saskatoon, SK – 10:00 am at The Centre Mall, 3510 8 St E, Saskatoon, at Dollarama.
Check ostomycanada.ca for full details.