Ostomy Supplies & Resources for Vancouver, Victoria, Kelowna, and B.C. Area Residents
While Inner Good is a leading provider of ostomy supplies for all of Canada, with provincial populations that evidence high concentrations of stoma patients (notably Ontario and Alberta), our home base is here in Vancouver BC. Our management team bounces around between Victoria, Kelowna, and beyond, working with health care professionals and the British Columbia ostomy community so that we can better serve you.
Stats Canada reports that B.C. is the most physically active province in the country. Ostomates here are no different. Thus, it’s no secret as to why the demand for information, products, and supplies to support a healthy and active lifestyle is so strong. As the country’s one-stop resource for those who have received a colostomy, ileostomy, or urostomy, Inner Good answers the demand.
Ostomy Supplies Coverage British Columbia
BC’s PharmaCare Program helps qualified residents pay for ostomy supplies by reimbursing a significant percentage of their expenditure. BC residents who have a permanent colostomy, ileostomy or urostomy (or other condition requiring a stoma appliance) with active Medical Services Plan of B.C. (MSP) coverage qualify for the program, regardless of income level. That’s great news for you!
Coverage extends to most ostomy supplies up to the market standard retail value, but does not cover a dispensing fee (where applicable). The de facto amount reimbursed depends upon the explicit rules of your plan annual deductible requirements. There are four PharmaCare plans available to BC residents:
- Fair PharmaCare
- Plan B – Permanent Residents of Licensed Residential Care Facilities
- Plan C – Recipients of B.C. Income Assistance
- Plan F – Children in the At Home Program
The specifics of each plan can be found here. If you are not yet registered for PharmaCare, you can do so here.
Ostomy Supplies Covered in British Columbia
Now that you know you can recoup a significant portion of your ostomy supply expenses, you need a clear picture of what products are covered by PharmaCare. You’ll be happy to know that this list tends to grow with each passing year, with elastic barrier strips recently added in 2017. This updated supply list includes:
- Stoma pouches/containers (drainable, closed, urostomy)
- Tubes and catheters
- Additional accessories associated with using the enteral feeding pump
- Skin care accessories (barriers, barrier strips, wipes, sprays and adhesive removers)
- Ostomy accessories (belts, belt rings, closures, filters, and guards)
- View more on PharmaCare coverage
Where to Buy Ostomy Supplies in British Columbia
As BC’s local and leading provider of ostomy supplies, Inner Good is not only indoctrinated in the challenges of ostomates, our team includes known members of the BC ostomy community. Together, the team works closely with British Columbia Health Care Professionals in Vancouver, Victoria, Kelowna (etc.) to ensure that your unique needs are met. We offer:
- Easy Online Purchasing – Order your supplies from our online shop and receive FREE shipping right to your door with a $100 minimum purchase (beating the alternative who is $150!)
- Pay with Extended Medical Insurance – Get your order paid for using BC Pharmacare, workplace Extended Medical Insurance, Veterans Affairs, and 3rd Party Insurance Agencies such as WCB or ICBC (call 1.844.466.3939 for assistance). Users can simply call for direct assistance or submit their insurance details at the Checkout.*
- Discreet and Quick Delivery – Your order is processed immediately and automatically slated for shipping. Your supplies will arrive on time and in discreet packaging at the B.C. address of your choice, each month, without hassle.
- Full Support – Your first purchase order is just the beginning. At that point you have entered into a relationship with Inner Good. That means you can call or email us with your questions about shipping, product information, wellness concerns, and special promotions. Many customers are taking advantage of our free skype consultations with an ET Nurse. Begin that conversation today by calling us at 1.844.466.3939, complete the form found here, or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Do you as BC resident have other questions about living with an Ostomy? View the following information resources from Inner Good: